What is a Liebster Award? Well, the word liebster is German literally meaning dearest or favorite. The award recognizes new and upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve some kind of recognition and support for their contribution. I understand followers is a standard term here in blog word but, I’d just like to take the opportunity to express that I personally prefer the terms readers or friends, supporters or even homies. Something about followers cultivates an image of a cult in my head. Nonetheless, I respect those who use it and think no less of them for it. This is just my personal opinion. Having said that, this is how it works.
In order to accept this prestigious award, one must abide by a list of rules.
Here they are:
1) Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2) Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
3) Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
4) Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
5) Absolutely NO tag backs.
6) Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers
11 Random Facts about Me:
- I have always dreamed of traveling the world but I haven’t gone to many places outside the US. The first place I go has to be England!!
- I love watching (the new) Dr. Who. I am pretty much a nerd and dream of having the Tardis land in my backyard!
- Creme Brule is my weakness and I refuse to learn how to make it. Simply because I would weigh 400 pounds!
- I love trying new crafts. I call myself a crafter otherwise it sounds like I have a billion hobbies.
- I love gadgets…new technologies…anything with buttons, real or virtual.
- I am ridiculously ticklish.
- I love reading.
- Bridges are super scary. I hate driving over them. All of them.
- I dreamt of having at least 6 kids. Hubby wanted 0. We have 3. 🙂
- I love baking. I can think of nothing better than being a Nana in a kitchen filled with sweet smells for sweet kids!
- I love gardening…ok maybe not gardening. I love the taste of fresh veggies from the garden but hate getting my hands dirty.
Here are Libby’s questions:
2) If you won the lottery today, who is the first person you’d call and why? My hubby because he is the smartest guy I know. He would have a great plan for what to do!
3) What’s on your key ring? Funny you should ask, it just broke so I was just thinking that I need to do something crafty to fix that!
4) If you could meet one person in your lifetime, past or present, who would it be? I’m thinking, David Tennant. He played my favorite Dr. Who character.
5) How and where did you meet your bestfriend? I met her at a scrapbooking party. We connected immediately and even though we don’t see each other often we are both supportive of each other. I know I can count on her and she knows the same.
6) What was the last place you went on vacation to? Kind of boring, but up to a cabin…LAST year. Did I mention I need a vacation???!
7) What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up? Turn off my alarm. 🙂
8) Look to your right, what do you see? My cute little grandbaby!
9) What is your favorite child hood memory? One that comes to mind is when my dad took me to a carnival and won a elephant candle for me. I kept it for at least 15 years. I would look at it and remember how much my dad loved me to get that silly thing for me.
10) What is something you can never leave your house without? My iPhone. Yep, addicted…love it.
11) You’re stuck in an elevator for 24 hrs, who would you choose to be stuck with? My daughters. We could chat about silly stuff for an eternity. 🙂
Here are my 11 questions:
- What is your job?
- What is your favorite smell?
- If you had a personal chef for one night, what would you have for dinner?
- Who would you invite to that dinner party?
- Dog or cat person?
- What is something you have always wanted to do but were afraid to try?
- Which Disney princess would you want to be?
- If everything were allowed in the Olympics, what would you gold medal in?
- What chore do you try and avoid? Why?
- What is your favorite part of your body?
- If you got a $5,000 gift card, what store would it be for?
My nominees are:
- Wendy @ Ordinary Miracles of Life
- Miss Nail Narcotics @ Nail Narcotics
- Kim @ A Real Life Housewife
- The Cook @ My Own Blog Review
- Cynthia @ Creative Chaos
- Manda @ I got my nails did
- Whitney @ I wore yoga pants to work
- Carrie @ Carrie Anne’s Notebook
- Emily @ Warm Kitchen
- Travis @ Travis Johansen Photography
- Brittani @ Brittani Capetz Photography